The easiest two ingredient, Keto, gut-healing and hydrating gummy bears!
All you need is your favorite flavor of Ultima Replenisher (for this project we chose cherry pomegranate) and gelatin (for these collagen gummies). The tools are gummy bear silicon molds a dropper. That is it.
Homemade gummy bears have been on our to-do list basically since the beginning of quarantine. We wanted put together a super simple and quick recipe where every ingredient (all two of them!) is beneficial for your body. We’ve already talked a lot about electrolytes and the great aid they provide, especially for those like us who suffer from multiple chronic illnesses. We recently did a blog post that goes into further detail about what electrolytes actually are and why they’re helpful in so many ways but for anyone new to our blog, one of our go to brands of electrolytes is Ultima. We rely heavily on Ultima to keep us hydrated (and upright – thanks POTS) throughout the day. Because it’s stevia sweetened and has only clean, non artificial ingredients, these gummies are a guilt-free, pat-yourself-on-the-back type of treat.
The other ingredient used is beef gelatin. We know this is not the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of a food that is beneficial to your body, but a good quality gelatin actually has a ton of health benefits. It’s packed with collagen, meaning it’s great for your skin, hair, nails, and joints. It strengthens your stomach lining and improves digestion, making it really helpful for those dealing with Leaky Gut Syndrome. There are even studies showing that getting adequate gelatin improves sleep but what we love most about a good quality gelatin is it’s great for your gut..
These collagen gummies are a fun “candy” that actually improves your health and are packed with electrolytes. So snack away!
- Great Lakes beef gelatin (any gelatin will do – we chose this one for it’s collagen properties)
- Ultima Replenisher electrolytes
- * You’ll also need silicon molds and a dropper (this is the set we got)
1. Mix together 1 cup of water and 4 scoops of your favorite Ultima electrolytes.
2. Pour the Ultima mixture into a saucepan and slowly combine with 4 tbsps of gelatin
3. Heat on a low heat setting and stir slowly until everything is fully dissolved. Try to keep it from boiling!
4. Once everything has dissolved, remove mixture from heat and pour into small bowl. Time is of the essence during this part – you want to make sure you get this done before it cools and starts to congeal!
5. Use a dropper to transfer the mixture into the silicon molds. Put the molds in the fridge for 15-20 until it’s cooled.
6. Pop the gummies out and enjoy!